Credit Verification Specialist (CVS)
General Description Summary
Processes supplemental requests in Advantage Credit’s processing system. Takes calls from clients and assists clients with credit reports and technical support. Initiates calls/faxes to Creditors/Vendors and conference calls which includes borrower(s). Corresponds both verbally and via email with clients, borrowers and creditors. Regularly interacts with other Advantage Credit employees.
- Principal Duties
- Works supplement requests by taking appropriate action to verify and update tradelines that may include calling and/or faxing creditor, reviewing documentation or conducting conference calls.
- Meets or exceeds daily production quotas.
- Maintains work quality and consistently receives satisfactory audits.
- Communicates with our client when the supplement is completed or additional information or documentation is required.
- Continuous follow-up on all requests assigned.
- Return client correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assist clients when they call in with questions and concerns.
- File supporting documentation into credit report file.
- Complete tasks and/or projects that have been assigned by management.
- Maintains the integrity of a database with new phone numbers and contacts for creditors and updates existing ones with current information.
- Remain up to date regarding ongoing policy and procedure changes and upgrades to software utilized.
- Attends and participates in customer service meetings and training.
- Attends and participates in monthly company meetings.
- Remain up to date on industry changes, compliance and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment despite interruptions.
- Maintain good working relationships with our clients, creditors and co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned
- All new Credit Verification Specialists must become FCRA certified.
- Experience in the mortgage and/or credit reporting industries. – One year minimum.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Must be able to perform independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as credit reports, mortgage statements, bank and credit statements, court documents and the customer service manual.
- Ability to carry out instructions and requests in an organized and timely manner.
- Knowledge of Internet software and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand Advantage Credit systems.
- Demonstrate strong data entry skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Credit Verification Manager/Director
Each representative will be assigned to a Manager that he/she will report.
- All overtime requests must be submitted to and approved by management prior to being submitted to Payroll for process of the payment for overtime.
- Dedicated home office
- Works with dedicated PC and telephone head set.
- Your work environment should be free of clutter and away from outside noise and distractions.
- To be eligible as an employee of ACI, it will be necessary for you to meet the minimum internet requirements.
- Attention to Detail – Demonstrate an ability to process a large volume of documents rapidly and accurately with close attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Uses reason, facts and common sense even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional clients or borrowers; responds promptly to clients needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas.
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and informatively; listens and asks for clarification; responds well to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling; able to read and interpret written information; responds well to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team atmosphere; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural and individual differences.
- Ethics – Treats others with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks in a timely manner. Responds quickly and promptly to requests from other departments and team members.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality, providing this input to management.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality; works efficiently and accurately.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is punctual; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; attends meetings promptly.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction and guidance; completes tasks on time.
- Attendance Record
- Average Call Handling Time
- Average Daily Supplement Output
- Compliance with standard policy and procedure
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
- Periodic audits
- Periodic reviews
Wage – Starting Pay Rate: $16.00
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 120 Hours PTO
- Birthday PTO
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to our HR Department at email@example.com