Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Generate and Send out invoices in a timely manner
- Provide follow-up on outstanding invoices
- Process collections and allocate payments
- Carryout out billing, collections and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Interact with customers by phone and email.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, composing correspondence, posting correspondence by mail and recording minutes at meetings.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate accounts receivable customer files and records
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries
- This position will require the following skillset:
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable
- Accounting Knowledge – GAAP to include budget, payment approval policy, vendor discounts, travel expense policy, payment processing guidelines, ERP AP Journal, month end closure guidelines, account reconciliation procedures, accounting reports, KPI’s, other policy and procedures.
- The right candidate will live in Colorado and be able to travel to the corporate office for occasional projects.
Key Performance Indicators
Create and follow month end financial reporting for Accounts Receivable
Ability to identify and correct errors
Ensure accurate entry of transactions – invoices and payments
Company hours are 7 am to 6:30 pm MT, Monday through Friday; the schedule will be determined by the Accounting Manager and will fall within this time frame.
This position is full time, non-exempt.
Pay Rate for this position will be based on experience. Hourly rate between $18-20 an hour
High School Diploma required; Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
College coursework completed in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and or an accounting assistant certificate a plus.
3-5 years experience with Accounts Receivable in an office environment, preferred.
Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting program and NetSuite preferred
- Mathematical skills:Must carry out various financial tasks that require quick and exact calculations.
- Knowledge of financial principles and accounting terminology
- Methodical working style
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize
- Performance under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service: personable and helpful disposition
- Office program skills:Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Pivot and Word.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Lisa at email@example.com